|Key positions (sources for each of these are listed below)||Robert Kettle||Andrew Lewis|
|Q: Do you support Mayor Bruce Harrell’s plan to increase Seattle Police staffing to 1,400 officers?||Yes||Yes|
|Q: Should Seattle prosecute individuals for public drug use?||Yes||Yes|
|Q: Should Seattle reduce the police department’s budget?||No||No|
|Q: Do you support Seattle’s current enforcement of unsheltered homelessness through RV towing and encampment clearings?||Yes||Yes|
|Sources for the above||Robert Kettle||Andrew Lewis|
|Seattle Times Voters Guide||https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/meet-the-candidates-for-seattles-district-7-city-council-race/#Robert||https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/meet-the-candidates-for-seattles-district-7-city-council-race/#Andrew|
Did you know…
- Boston, a city comparable in size to Seattle, has more than double the officers. While Boston had 2,144 in 2022, Seattle has only 940.
(Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Police_Department, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Police_Department)
- A recent study from the University of Washington as of September 7, 2023, found that when testing various forms of public transit for methamphetamine and fentanyl presence, 98% of the surface samples and 100% of air samples tested positive for methamphetamine. For fentanyl, 46% of the surface samples tested positive and 25% of the air samples were positive for fentanyl.
- There’s been a 72% increase in overdose deaths between 2021 and 2022, which saw fatalities climb from 342 to 589, is a tragedy that cannot be ignored. A majority of these deaths were linked to methamphetamines and fentanyl.
What you can do…
- Vote by November 7th!
- Forward this to voting friends, family, neighbors and colleagues: weheartseattle.org/vote
- Visit the candidates’ websites, and learn how you can spread the word and/or support the ones you like
Keep a look out for in the mail for the Seattle Voters’ Guide published by the city, which we will also link to once available. Additional candidate information:
District 1: Maren Costa, Rob Saka
District 2: Tanya Woo, Tammy Morales
District 3: Joy Hollingsworth, Alex Hudson
District 4: Ron Davis, Maritza Rivera
District 5: Cathy Moore, ChrisTiana ObeySumner
District 6: Dan Strauss, Pete Hanning
District 7: Andrew Lewis, Bob Kettle
We Heart Seattle is a non-partisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. The information provided here is for the sole purpose of encouraging people to engage in our community and actively participate in the electoral process.